http://music.barnesandnoble.com/sear...4627&itm=1
scroll down for it and you can preview the song here, the most rubusto part of the fanfare's not in the clip though
Found it, I am a dork:
"Mars: Bringer of War" from Holst's The Planets
Download that and listen - it's friggin sweet
There's one part of the song where it gets really thumping and that's the part the big time bands play at football games (i.e. you needs lots of trumpets and low brass)
Go Wahoos!
Go Mounties!
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]
http://music.barnesandnoble.com/sear...4627&itm=1
scroll down for it and you can preview the song here, the most rubusto part of the fanfare's not in the clip though
Go Wahoos!
Go Mounties!
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]
I wanted to play the Planets my 9th grade year marching. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
I wanted to play Carmina Burana, but we don't have the numbers for those songs haha.
Go Wahoos!
Go Mounties!
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]
The show FOR my senior year we actually looked at Carmina Burana. We even considered doing a best of PV show where we played our best tunes from past years.
I would have liked to have done
"Star Wars Opener" from the 1999 season
"The Patriot" from the 2003 season
"Gladiator Part III (Barbarian Horde)" from the 2002 season
We ended up doing the Phantom of the Opera.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
from standing on the sidelines Gate Citys band is the only band that really stood out to me they played loud, good and were into it. They sounded likea college band.
Reeking of awesomeness!
GC's band director composed songs from some famous movies, very nice guy
pretty sure Mr. Holland's Opus was one of them
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
I have respect for Mr. Lake and Mr. Fleming.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
[ QUOTE ]
"Mars: Bringer of War" from Holst's The Planets
[/ QUOTE ]
I'm quite a fan of this piece.
Quite a few college bands play it these days too.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Bookmarks